What are WakeIDs and the WakeID Portal?
- WakeID is a username that WCPSS employees and students use to access applications and electronic resources through the WakeID Portal at http://wakeid.wcpss.net (not live).
- The WakeID is not connected with your Network login.
How will I know what my WakeID is?
- Existing employees and students with active email accounts will use the first part of their email address as their WakeID (jsmith.)
- New employees’ WakeID will be sent to their supervisor and to their personal email address.
What does my WakeID look like?
- The WakeID resembles the first part of a WCPSS email address (e.g. jsmith)
What is my Extended WakeID?
- The extended WakeID resembles a complete email address (e.g. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Some applications will require the extended WakeID.
What is my WakeID password?
- Employees set their WakeID password during the claim account process.
- New students’ default passwords are their student ID numbers.
- New WCPSS students and current students who do not know their WakeID will receive this information from their teacher or another school staff member.
- Students in grades 3-13 are required to change their password on first login.