The WakeID Portal is divided into three sections: header bar, app launcher, and favorites bar.
- Go to https://wakeid.wcpss.net.
- Click the + in the header bar.
- Search for the the application and click add under the icon.
|App Library Name
|| District applications for staff
(business and instructional)
||District instructional tools for students
|WCPSS School Websites
||Links to school websites
Important: Adding an app from a library does not mean you have an active account for that application. Many apps purchased by schools are rostered by Technology Services. Ask the technical support at your school/department to see if you are suppose to have access.
Add a Custom App
Teachers can add custom icons to their WakeID Portal that link to custom resources.
- Click the + on the header bar to open the App Library.
- Click + Add App button.
- Enter the App Name and Website URL for the application you want to add.
- Do not check the Single Sign-on box.
- Click Select Icon button.
- Select an icon.
- Click Add App button.
App Launcher (My Apps)
- Click app to launch the application in a new tab.
- Drag and drop apps to rearrange them.
- Right-click apps to see more options.
- Right-click app to add to favorites which makes it appear on the Favorites Bar.
- Locked icons cannot be removed from your App Launcher.
- Right-click to create folders and organize apps.
- Use Accessibility Tools to modify text size, contrast, and more.
There are three resources locked on the Favorites Bar: My Classes, My Files, and My Analytics. Apps can be added to the Favorites Bar by right-clicking and selecting Add to Favorites. Right-click again to remove from the Favorites Bar.
My Classes - teachers use rostered courses to assign apps and view student analytics
My Files - access your Google Drive files and OneDrive files from within the WakeID Portal
My Analytics - see personal logins and application usage